Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Interim Department Co-Chair
PhD 2004, Purdue University
MS 1997, Tsinghua University, China
BE 1994, Tsinghua University, China
Phone (808) 956-6332
- Thermal/Fluid Transport Phenomena in Micro-Scale Structures
- Boiling and Two-Phase Flow
- Electronics Cooling
- Seawater Desalination Driven by Renewable Energy
- Lee, S., and Qu, W., 2007, “Thermal Design Methodology for Low Flow Rate Single-Phase and Two-Phase Micro-Channel Heat Sinks,” IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, 30(4), pp.830-841.
- Siu-Ho, A.M., Qu, W., and Pfefferkorn, F.E., 2007, “Experimental Study of Pressure Drop and Heat Transfer in a Single-Phase Micro-Pin-Fin Heat Sink,” ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, 129(4), pp.479-487.
- Qu, W., and Siu-Ho, A.M., 2008, “Liquid Single-Phase Flow in an Array of Micro-Pin-Fins: Part I – Heat Transfer Characteristics,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 130(12), pp.122402-1-122402-11.
- Qu, W., and Siu-Ho, A.M., 2008, “Liquid Single-Phase Flow in an Array of Micro-Pin-Fins: Part II – Pressure Drop Characteristics,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 130(12), pp.124501-1-124501-4, (Technical Brief).
- Qu, W., and Siu-Ho, A.M., 2009, “Experimental Study of Saturated Flow Boiling Heat Transfer in an Array of Staggered Micro-Pin-Fins,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 52, 1853-1863.
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Qu’s publications.
- ME 301 Mechanical Engineering Experimentation (WI)
- ME 401 Thermofluids Laboratory (WI,ETH)
- ME 480 Thermofluid Measurements and Design (WI,ETH)
- ME 618 Boiling and Two-Phase Flow
- ME 696 Introduction to Fuel Cell Technology