Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
PhD 2006, University of Michigan
- Design and manufacturing of surgical instruments, medical devices, and healthcare systems
- Biomedical engineering
- Friction stir welding and Tribology
- C.C. Kao, S.F. Miller, and A.J. Shih (2008) Fuzzy logic control of microhole electrical discharge machining, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 130(6).
- R.E. Dodde, S.F. Miller, J.D. Geiger, and A.J. Shih (2008) Thermal-electric finite element analysis of electrosurgical cautery process, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Accepted.
- S.F. Miller and A.J. Shih (2006) Thermo-mechanical finite element modeling of the friction drilling process, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering 129 531-538.
- S.F. Miller, P.J. Blau, and A.J. Shih (2005) Microstructural alterations associated with friction drilling of steel, aluminum, and titanium, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 14(5) 647-653.
- S.F. Miller, C.C. Kao, A.J. Shih, and J. Qu (2005) Investigation of wire electrical discharge machining of thin cross-sections and compliant mechanisms, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 44 391-400.
- ME 341 Manufacturing Processes
- ME 342 Manufacturing Processes Lab